Aggregation summarizes and brings aggregate numerical and other values from linked tables. Right now, the aggregation column type brings only numerical values. In this article, we will cover the following:
Pre-Requisite for configuring an Aggregation Column Type
There is a pre-requisite for configuring an aggregate column type. You need to link the table that you want to bring information from.
You can only create an aggregate of the 'Number column type' in the linked records table.
Types of Aggregation Operations That You Can Do on Stackby
Currently, you can do 4 types of aggregation operations on Stackby -- all of them numeric. These are:
- MAX: Returns the largest of the given values
- MIN: Returns the smallest of the given values
- SUM: Sum of the values
- AVERAGE: Returns the average of the sum of values
How to Configure an Aggregation Column Type?
Here's how to configure an aggregation once you have linked your tables:
- Select a column and then select Aggregation as the column type
- Select the column on the current table to rows you want to aggregate
- Then select a column from the linked rows from the table that you to summarize or bring the data
- Now, select the type of aggregation that you want to do -- maximum, sum, minimum or average
- Then select the formatting -- whether you need the data in decimals, integer, currency or percentage
- Apply to bring in data