updated 4 months ago
Alexa is a measure of website popularity. It ranks millions of websites in order of popularity, with an Alexa Rank of 1 being the most popular. Alexa Rank reveals how a website is doing relative to all other sites, which makes it a great KPI for benchmarking and competitive analysis.
In this article we will see:
How to integrate Alexa to your Workspace
The first thing you will need for integration is an Alexa API key. Here's how you can get one:
Step 1: Login or Sign up on Alexa
Step 2: Get the Alexa API key
Step 3: Go to Integrations Tab → Alexa → Select workspace → Paste the API key
Now that you have set up the integration, here is how you can pull in your data:
- Go back to the Dashboard, select the stack that you want to work on, click on the 2nd column, select the option to change column property and connect with the Alexa API
- Rename the column - say Domain URL (only if you want), then select 'API' as the column property, configure third-party API and pull data (you will be asked to do so)
- Choose the Alexa API from your account, then select the particular name that you have given to the Alexa API Key. In the next field select the specific API function you want details about. Click apply.
- Put down the URL of the Website or the Web Page for which you want the details – you can actually put in the entire list at one go or go one-by-one.
- Click on the refresh arrow in the second column -- you will see the Alexa API pulling in data automatically and adding it to the relevant column (you get to decide which data you want to access by selecting it from our data explorer)
Available API Functions
Alexa Web Info Bring website traffic info Reference Input Column: Domain URL Output: Website Info(Alexa Rank, Pageviews by time range etc.)