updated 5 days ago
Ahrefs helps you track how your website is performing by bringing real-time site metrics, backlinks data, and position metrics and analyze against your competitors. To help you make data-driven decisions for your SEO strategy.
In this article we will see:
How to integrate Ahrefs to your Workspace
The first thing you will need for integration is an Ahrefs API key. Here's how you can get one:
Step 1: Login or Sign up on Ahrefs(https://ahrefs.com/user/login)
Step 2: Click on More → Ahrefs API
Step 3: Choose an API plan
Step 4: Go to your API Profile → Copy your access token for the API
Step 5: Go to Integrations Tab → Ahrefs → Select workspace → Paste the API key
Note - You will need an Ahrefs subscription to use this API.
Now that you have set up the integration, here is how you can pull in your data:
- Go back to the Dashboard, select the stack that you want to work on, click on the 2nd column, select the option to change column property and connect with the Ahrefs API
- Rename the column - say Domain URL (only if you want), then select 'API' as the column property, configure third-party API and pull data (you will be asked to do so)
- Choose the Ahrefs API from your account, then select the particular name that you have given to the Ahrefs API Key. In the next field select the specific API function you want details about. Click apply.
- Put down the URL of the Website or the Web Page for which you want the details – you can actually put in the entire list at one go or go one-by-one.
- Click on the refresh arrow in the second column -- you will see the Ahrefs API pulling in data automatically and adding it to the relevant column (you get to decide which data you want to access by selecting it from our data explorer)
This is how it will look -
Available API Functions
1. For Backlinks - Get backlink details for the URL Get backlinks and related info from the URL Reference Input column: Website URL Output: Rich backlink details 2. For Metrics - Get SEO metrics for the URL Reference Input column: Website URL Output: Rich SEO metrics (backlinks, referring pages, no-follow links etc.) 3. For Position - Get Position details for the URL Get estimation of number of keywords, traffic and cost of url Reference Input column: Website URL Output: Bring estimation of number of keywords, traffic and cost of the target URL.