Twilio is a cloud communications platform for building SMS, Voice & Messaging applications on an API built for global scale. With Stackby you no longer need to build these applications for your use. All you need is the API key and you can easily connect Twilio on your Stackby Account and make it work like any other app using Twilio.
Let's take a look at:
How to integrate Twilio
You actually need two things to integrate Twilio to Stackby. One is the Account SID and second the Auth (authority) Token.
Here are the first steps:
- Log in to Twilio, if you are using Twilio for the first time, then you need to sign up for Twilio. Once you sign in (verify with the OTP), you will be taken to your dashboard.
- On the dashboard you can see your Account SID number and below that the Auth (authority) token
- Your dashboard is also a place where you can get a number from Twilio (it is essential that you get a number - either a free trial one or a paid one)
- Log in to your Stackby account, go to the settings of the workspace that you want to integrate with Twilio (you could copy and use the template or create a new one)
- In the Workspace settings, go to API Configuration and add a new integration for Twilio and paste your Account SID and API key (this is the Auth Token) and click on save (note: You need to integrate the workspace not the stack).
- Go to the stack and the column that you want to configure the buttons
- Double click on the header or go to the column properties
- Select Push Message from the drop down menu of rich fields
- The next column will ask you to configure third party APIs and push data -- select Twilio
- Next it will ask you to select an API from your account -- select Twilio
- Next it will ask you to select a Twilio service -- select the appropriate service - SMS
- Next add in the number from which you want to push the message (you will need a Twilio number for this)
- Next comes the message body that will be sent out -- add this message in the body field
- Next Select the button label, which is actually the appropriate call to action.
- Once you are done with this, select the button color and then the button icon and click on apply.
Send SMS Message:
Reference Input column: Phone Number
Output: Send SMS
Twilio offers a trial with a credit of $15 and after that you need to pay. It is a pay as per usage service so you only end up paying for what you use.